Great minds converged at the Edison Ballroom in NYC to attend the 2019 MM&M’s transforming healthcare conference. It’s here where we hosted a rich roundtable style discussion on one of the most exciting areas of our field, Real-World Evidence.
The discussion was attended by participants across the industry where they shared insightful and often provocative perspectives on RWE and its impact in our space. We covered a lot of ground, including:
- Key opportunities and challenges in implementing RWE
- The impact of data partnerships and acquisitions and their effect on clinical trials
- The frustration associated with interoperability challenges and the need for a more portable and highly secure EHR
- Silicon valley and their growing interest in the space
- The concept of risk-based contracting and tiered coverage based on real-world outcomes
The topics were endless but unfortunately our time was not. In the end, it was clear among many of the participants that RWE is rich with potential as well as risk and that RWE is only poised to grow in importance, influence and scale.